Center for Computing Services
IntraSemester Software Installation Request Form for: Labs, Laptop carts, and Smart Classroom Computers.
The Software Installation Request Form is for faculty and staff to request software installations for labs, laptops (i.e. laptop carts) and smart classrooms. This process is to be used for installing software when there is an immediate need during the semester.
1. Complete the software installation request form below.
2. Once you submit your request, you will receive an email confirmation.
3. A follow up email will be sent to you with a Help Desk call ticket number and the tech that has been assigned to the install.
4. A copy of your request will be sent to the smart classroom contact person.
5. The assigned tech will contact you to coordinate the installation; please be sure to provide contact days and times on your request. A schedule will be set so that you can be present at the software installation in order to verify the operation of the newly installed software.
6. All correspondence with the Help Desk regarding your request should reference the call ticket number.
7. If you have any questions about these procedures, contact the Help Desk at 393-2640 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Typically requests are met within the next business day; however, 2-3 business days are typical when room schedules conflict with the installation. Prior to the installation, any manuals, instructions, media, serial numbers, or licensing necessary to complete the installation must be provided to the Help Desk. The time of installation will depend upon the availability of the room during normal business hours (8:30-4:30).
The Help Desk will need the following information:
* Installation manual or instructions
* Media (i.e., CD Rom) or download site for installation
* Serial number if required for installation
* Proof of license purchase (physical copy or PO # with license count) sufficient for each smart classroom(s) designated for the software